Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 4: Publishing/Leadership Project

I chose social learning in higher education because of my current position at the University of Rochester. I work with large group of administrators and often find that the group as a whole produces more useful knowledge than the individuals themselves. I want to utilize this collective knowledge in social learning settings to create valuable resources for the University. I would like to submit to Edutopia and the AACE Journal. I chose Edutopia because it is a very well known site that isn't overly stuffy in their approach, they are very forward thinking in their approach to education and one of its core concepts is technology integration. I chose the AACE Journal because they are less theoretical and more focused on practical applications of technology, they operate on an international level, and approach technology in a multi-disciplinary way. Both of these choices fit with my thoughts and perspective on technology and the "shifting" of traditional educational paradigms and therefore I thought they would be a good fit.

Think Out Loud Post #1

Think Out Loud Post #2


My Paper:
Social Learning Theory and Technology: Changing Traditional Educational Paradigms in Higher Education Settings

(photo credits: edcampomaha and AACE Publications)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...