Sunday, December 12, 2010

PE5_Flash

Moving on in the tutorial, I am getting to learn a lot of cool things. Things I always wondered how people did and shortcuts to get things done quicker.

I've moved on to learning how to draw lines and a host of other shapes.
Here is some information on what I learned about lines and shapes:

You can create lines and shapes of all sizes and colors. I always wondered how people created them with such precision and now I know how. Learning to draw lines was simple. One interesting tip I learned was to keep "hinting" checked. What this does is it allows you to have your anchor snap to the closest pixel when you are anchoring something to your line. This keeps things cleaner.

Cap refers to how the stroke looks when it ends..so rounded, jointed, etc. Join refers to how the lines looks when it connects with another line. If you want to constrain the line to 45 degree angles just hold shift down while you are drawing the line. (Very helpful to know!!!)

When drawing shapes, if you hold alt + option down you can draw the shape from its center. You can adjust the radii and angles to get the shape the way you like exactly. I learned as well that you can have negative radii. This allows you to tuck the corners in of a square for example.

My absolute favorite thing that I've learned to use so far is the Deco tool. Genius!!! Draw predetermined objects on your screen just by selecting from the drop down menu and then holding down on your screen. You can customize the size and shape of the objects as well. Below you'll see the use of the Deco tool to draw buildings and flowers.




Here's a little something I did to test out what I learned using lines and shapes....very primitive let me remind you. Next week I'll be displaying a full on Flash file using as many of the features as I can learn.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...